At Wayside, every floor appears to have lockers, stairs, classrooms, doors, and light fixtures.
The first floor contains the principal's office; the second floor contains a bathroom and several rows of lockers.
The fifth, sixth, and seventh floors consist of the classroom for pottery, the school campgrounds, and the school library, respectively.
The twelfth floor contains the faculty lounge and pool, while the following three floors contain the gym, the social studies classroom and gondola canal, and the cafeteria and kitchen.
On the (technically nonexistent) nineteenth floor, there are no doors, but a chute blocked by wooden boards. In the episode, "Dana Checks Out," in the hall and stairwell of what is considered the nineteenth floor, there are lockers in the background.
On the two tallest floors, Ms. Mush teaches honor's class in an auditorium on the twenty-ninth floor, while Mrs. Jewels teaches her students on the thirtieth.
Every floor also appears to be a different color. To add to the school's Escher-esque style, all of the features of the floors—doors, lockers, stairs, etc.—are placed in very unusual ways, as seen in the Escher artwork, Relativity. All of the floors' features are either right-side up, upside-down, sideways, or suspended high above the floor, as seen with several lockers.
Floors of the school
- Reception / Principal's office
- Land of Cows
- Art class / Pottery class
- Dance class
- Professor's class
- Small auditorium
- Faculty lounge / Swimming pool
- Social Studies class / Gondola canal
- Cafeteria / Kitchen
- Unknown. Elevator stopped here in "The Elevator"
- Short room (low-ceilings) / Game room
- Dance camp
- Mrs. Zarves' class (the hidden floor) shown mainly in "Dana Checks Out" and "Myth of Nick"
- Secret room
- Unknown. Louis cleans the floor here in an unknown episode.
- Water source
- Ice-skating rink
- Pre-school class / Kindergarden class
- Forest campground
- Spinning Pipe Hallway / Storage rooms
- Basketball court
- Large auditorium / Honors class (also extends into 28th floor)
- Mrs. Jewls' class